Location Pension MaroussoPension Marousso is situated in Chora, the capital of Amorgos island. It is a medieval village hidden behind the mountains in an altitude of 400 metres above the sea surrounded by windmills. Chora is dominated by a 13th century Venetian castle, the historic rock with a height of 210 feet has had built into it for more than fifteen centuries the church of Kera Leousa (Lady of mercy).
To walk in Chora is like stepping in the dream of the perfect Greek village with its narrow winding alleys, whitewashed houses, charming squares and a lot of beautiful churches. You have also a big selection of nice and cosy taverns, café and shops.
The beaches near the village are known for their clear waters, the best being those of Agia Anna and the one of Kambi.
- 6 km from the port of Katapola
- 18 km from the port of Aegiali
- 200 m from Chora village centre
- 15 m from the main roads
- 1,5 km from the Monastery of Hozoviotissa
- 3 km from the nearest beach, Agia Anna
How to get here
Airport – Pireus Port
- Bus – just outside arrivals
X96 Athens Airport – The port of Pireus
- Metro – just outside on the other side of the road of arrivals
Line 3 (“Blue Line”) Athens Airport – Monastiraki.
From Monastiraki you can change trains to get to the port of Pireus.
- Taxi – just outside arrivals
- Athens Airport – Eleftherios Venizelos
- Athens Metro – Attiko Metro A.E.
- Buses – Airport – Athens Urban Transport Organisation